Longevity: 4 years 1 month
Kaspersky Endpoint Sec. || Platform: PC || Version: 10.2.4.674
Language: only Russian || Treatment: Conducted by ( Alex Zed ) || Year: 2016
Kaspersky Endpoint Security
- for Windows (for workstations) - modern multi-level protection of computers and laptops running Windows in the local network of the organization. Comprehensive protection against all types of threats is provided by a multi-level system that includes control of the launch and activity of programs, control of external devices, web access control to Internet resources and protection against malware, online and network threats. Each type of threat is monitored and handled by a separate Kaspersky Endpoint Security component. Components can be turned on and off independently of each other, as well as configure various parameters of their operation, providing an optimal level of protection. The Kaspersky Security Center centralized protection management tool in the organization's local network allows you to remotely install an antivirus solution on workstations, configure protection settings for network computers, manage software updates and antivirus databases, monitor the protection status and respond promptly to events.--
* Windows: 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 2012 / 7 / 2008 / Vista / 2003 / XP x32|x64
* Intel Pentium processor 1 GHz or higher.
• 1 GB of RAM.
* 1 GB of free hard disk space.
* Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 and higher.
* Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0 and higher.
* Internet connection to activate the program, update databases and software modules.
The following new features have appeared in Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows:
* Added encryption functionality for hard drives and removable devices, allowing you to encrypt devices along with their file system.
* The differentiation of the operating modes of the program depending on the type of license has been introduced. Depending on the type of valid license, the program can work in the following modes:
- Basic protection (Core).
- Standard protection (Select).
- Advanced protection.
* Improvements have been made to the functionality of the Program Startup Control, Device Control and Web Control components.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security Control Components
* Program startup control. This component monitors attempts to launch programs by users and regulates the launch using a set of rules.
* Monitoring of program activity. The component allows you to regulate the activity of programs depending on their group, which has its own specific set of rules. The rules determine the nature of programs' access to personal information on the computer and to the components of the Windows operating system (registry, system files and folders).
* Vulnerability monitoring. Vulnerabilities of the operating system and third-party applications are often used as a tool for malicious attacks. The search and detection of vulnerabilities in real time allows you to identify weaknesses of programs during their launch or active use.
* Device monitoring. Kaspersky Endpoint Security includes a module "Device Control", which allows you to manage the rules of use of external devices connected to the computer and restrict their use. Device control regulates the use of external devices such as removable storage media (USB flash drives, hard drives, CDs/DVDs), information transfer tools (modems, Wi-Fi routers, network cards), office equipment (printers, scanners, MFPs). The interfaces to which external devices are connected (USB, Bluetooth, FireWire, Infra Red and others) are also monitored.
* Web Control. Control over the use of web resources by users of the local network. Allows you to create various groups to which your own set of rules and restrictions on the use of Internet sites applies. allows you to filter web content by categories and/or data types.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security Protection Components
* File Antivirus. File antivirus is a component of Kaspersky Endpoint Security that provides real-time protection of the computer's file system. Being in the computer's RAM, File Antivirus checks all files opened, saved and launched on the computer, as well as on connected external storage media.
* System monitoring. By monitoring the actions of programs on the computer, data is collected about running and active applications to transmit this information to other components. This provides more effective protection against various malicious threats.
* Mail Antivirus. Checking incoming and outgoing mail for malicious attachments and other threats.
* Web Antivirus. Scanning HTTP and FTP traffic on the user's computer, filtering web links and blocking suspicious or phishing websites.
* IM-Antivirus. Checking the traffic of programs for quick messaging. IM-Antivirus provides secure online communication.
* Network screen. Kaspersky Endpoint Security firewall protects the data stored on the user's computer by blocking network threats during connection to the computer using two types of rules: network program rules and network packet rules.
* Network monitoring. Providing users with information about the computer's network activity in real time.
* Protection against network attacks. Tracking suspicious activity in incoming traffic. If a network attack is detected, Kaspersky Endpoint Security blocks the network activity of the attacking computer.
Encryption in Kaspersky Endpoint Security
Kaspersky Endpoint Security allows you to encrypt files stored on local computer disks and removable media, removable media in its entirety and hard drives. Data encryption reduces the risks of unintentional information leakage in case of theft/loss of a laptop computer, removable media or hard disk, or when unauthorized users and programs access data.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security provides the following areas of data protection:
* Encryption of files on local computer disks.
* Encryption of data on removable media.
* Management of access rights of programs to encrypted files. For any program, you can define an encrypted file access rule that prohibits access to encrypted files or allows access to encrypted files only in the form of ciphertext.
* Creation of encrypted archives. You can create encrypted archives and protect access to these archives with a password. Access to the contents of encrypted archives can be obtained only after entering the passwords with which you have protected the archives. Such archives can be safely transferred over the network or on removable media.
* Encryption of hard drives.
Added support for Microsoft Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise operating system.
Added a new component Protection against BadUSB attacks.
Protection against BadUSB attacks allows you to prevent the connection of reprogrammed USB devices simulating a keyboard to the user's computer. When a USB device defined by the operating system as a keyboard is connected to the computer, the component prompts the user to authorize the connected device. The use of a keyboard that has not been authorized is blocked.
Improved functionality of full-disk encryption of hard drives (FDE):
Added support for the following keyboard layouts in the authentication agent: AZERTY (Belgium), YTSUKEN (Russia, for the 105-key IBM/Windows keyboard), QWERTY (Japan, 106 Japanese).
Added support for authorization in the authentication agent using the following devices: SafeNet eToken 4100 - 72K (Java), Gemalto IDPrime .NET (511), Rutoken EDS Flash.
Added support for USB 3.0 devices in the authentication agent.
The ability to filter by local address, physical interface, and packet lifetime (TTL) has been added to the Firewall rules.
Added new features in working with reports:
Added the ability to password protect the viewing of program reports.
The composition of information security audit events has been expanded.
Changes have been made to fix a number of vulnerabilities, including:
The transition to the OpenSSL 1.0.1.p library
has been made. Changes have been made to prevent the possibility of a POODLE attack on the program.
The transition to a secure (https) channel for transmitting program dumps has been made.
Other fixed vulnerabilities
Changed the default value for the local setup of installing product updates: with "Install critical and confirmed updates" on " Install only confirmed updates".
Added the Integrity Check task.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 checks the program modules for damage or changes.
- the original distribution was unpacked before the administrative installation and compressed by the archiver
- the installer contains the corporate key until the end of July 2017
- antivirus databases updated on 03/19/2016
- by default configured for optimal protection
Dear Users, recently, the repacks of this product, even from SPecialiST, are unstable (after some time the key flies off), perhaps this is a good repack, but if you already have a normally functioning antivirus, it may not be necessary to test this option.